Thursday, January 12, 2012

Last Day on the Ice

Well, barring any weather delays, I should be leaving McMurdo tonight sometime between 2 and 4 AM (McMurdo Time aka New Zealand time)! If everything goes according to plan, I will get back to the U.S. on January 14th local time. I will spend tomorrow night in Christchurch then leave the next morning for the States.

It has certainly been a fun, challenging, tiring, and incredible experience to be here in Antarctica for the past month (it will be 32 days total by the time I leave. I'm excited to have my first shower in a month!). I never could have predicted that my undergraduate research would result in a trip to the bottom of the world. However, I am excited to get back to the U.S. to see my wife, her family, and my family again. I feel like we accomplished a lot but that there are still quite a few mysteries that the soil ecology team and the LTER site can discover in future Antarctic field seasons.

There's still a post or two that I want to do, so hopefully I will have time to do that soon.

Oh, and just kidding about the shower thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment